Origin: Noongar Nation
Logline: MIRO is a World War ll Australian Aboriginal Western.
Synopsis: When MIRO returns home at the end of WWll he finds his land taken, his people gone, his daughter stolen and his service record treated with contempt – but the New Guinea battlefield has taught him how to fight and he sets out to reunite his family waging his own form of justice.
MIRO did exceptionally well at the 2017 Veterans Film Festival and won the following awards;
- Winner Best Australian Film
- Winner Best Music
- Winner Best Actor – Mark Coles Smith
We are proud to announce that MIRO has been nominated for the following awards;
- 2017 Melbourne International Film Festival – Short films category
- 2017 GI Film Festival – Short films category
- 2017 AACTA Awards – Best Short Fiction Film
- 2018 Flickerfest International Short Film Festival – Short films category
Congratulations to all the cast, crew and the community of Condobolin NSW. Thank you for all your hard work and support on this film.
Note from Producer: ”As an Aboriginal woman and film maker, to tell this story and bring awareness of this significant part of our history and being able to share it with all Australian audiences, has been an honour.”
Website: For MIRO behind the scenes and more go to: mirothemovie.com
Facebook Page: MIRO @mirothemovie